Weeknotes for March 13th – 20th. Woork.
I continue to be buried in work, nothing much else to see here.
On the maintenance side of things, I fixed a bug in review assignments (that occurred when users were in multiple teams, solved by a simple
distinct()), and released pretalx-downstream thanks to a contribution by Kunsi.
Other tech things
Mostly worked on a client project, but there were some small other tech things:
- I found out about the ThinkPad hardware reset, which fixed my laptop’s inability to use external monitors.
- Firefox hacks: added a user script for Nitter that adds a link and a copy-link button to Twitter.
- Firefox blah: Switched from DecentralEyes to LocalCDN, turned off some more telemetry settings, and some UX improvements: not opening the Downloads panel on every download, removing full-screen warnings and reducing download dialogue timeout.
- New Python PKGBUILD and also reverted last week’s pip inclusion, because updates don’t apply cleanly. Should fix that.
- Added an update script to my accounting tool for easier server maintenance.
- Added cool stats to the accounting stats page: Now I can see how my income compares to the same time last year, aggregated. Very helpful to adjust expectations regarding slow months (especially November/December).
Nothing really happened, on account of work work work. Ordered a good lamp for my desk, finally. Improved my mother’s website, and visited a geohash.
I read Canticle, while expecting Canticle for Leibowitz, so that was hilarious. Also did some further catching up on reviews, backlog is only 9 books and some short stories now.